1. Select Street Resources from the left-hand navigation panel to open Street Directory main page.
2. Click ‘Add Resources’ to create new resources.
You will be directed to 'Add Profile' page where you need to provide information about the resource. Add Profile has four section, which includes;
- Personal Details
- Work Details
- Skills & Certifications
- Approval Details
Provide the personal information for the new individual on the Personal Details screen. Personal details section consists of two pages, use the arrow in the bottom left to slide to the second page.
1. The first page of personal details is basic information about the resource.
- Name: Provide the individuals First and Last Name. You can also provide their Middle Name/Middle Initial, and a Display name if it should be different than the First Name + Last Name.
- Roles: Select the ‘Roles’ that the individual has in your organization. While a person can have multiple roles in your organization, their specific role on a project cannot be specified.
- Contact Number: Provide the individual's contact number. You may provide Work, home or mobile number in the available fields.
- Email Address: Provide the individuals ‘Email’ address. Depending on how your PlanStreet Solution Administrator has configured the application, this email is used to send notifications to the individual regarding their task assignments.
- Date: The ‘Start Date’ is defaulted to the beginning of the current year but can be changed to reflect the actual start date. It should be noted that the ‘Start Date’ cannot be greater than today’s date. The ‘End Date’ can be set at the time an individual is being added if that individual is a contract resource or is available to projects for a specified length of time.
- Rates: If you are using the PlanStreet Solution’s cost and profit features, provide the individual’s hourly cost rate and their external charge rate.
2. You can add a picture of the individual by clicking on the ‘profile’ image and pick a .JPG or .PNG file from your computer.
3. Click the Next Page Arrow to add address and miscellaneous additional information about the individual. None of the additional information is required. You do not need to click ‘Save’ before proceeding to the next page.
4. Second page of personal details have the following fields;
- Resource Type: Identify the Resource Type of the individual being added. Three Resource Types are pre-defined in the PlanStreet Solution but your organization can add other types as needed. Resource Type is used for determining which screen is displayed first when an individual logs’ into the application.
- Rate Title: Identify the Rate Title of the individual being added. This information can be used in combining report data of several individuals with the same Rate Title regardless of their role on projects.
- Country, State, City, Current Location and Current Time Zone support ‘type ahead’ so you do not need to scroll thru hundreds of entries to get select the country in which the individual is in. One a country is selected the remaining selections are filtered for that country. You do need to select the Current Time Zone to be applied when scheduling the individual for meetings.
- Address: You can provide Address manually as well.
- Description: You can provide any additional information about the individual here.
- Click the Previous Page Arrow to return to the first page. Note that the data selected on this screen is not lost if you return to the previous screen.
5. Click on the arrow on the right bottom to go back to the first page.
1. Click on the Work Detail section from the top section bar.
2. Provide additional organizational information about the individual on the Work Detail page.
- Division / Department: Select the applicable Division and Department as defined by your PlanStreet Administrator.
- Designation: Select Designation from a pre-populated list.
- Employee Type: Assign Employment Type as Full Time or Part Time.
- Number of Projects / Tasks: Number of Projects and Number of Tasks are automatically populated by the system when the individual is assigned to projects and tasks.
Skills and Certifications
1. Click on the Skills and Certifications section from the top section bar.
2. On the Skills & Certifications Page, you can identify all the skills and certifications the individual has.
- Select the Skills and Certifications from a list of Skills and Certifications that your organization has built overtime via this screen. If the Skill or Certification does not appear on the list, add it by typing it in the appropriate field, hit Enter and it will be added to the list. You may want to establish some standards around how skills and certificates are identified to avoid duplication. For example, you may choose to use your industry’s known acronyms or fully write out the entry, or a combination of both.
1. Click on the Approval Detail section from the top section bar.
2. On the approval detail page identify the manager and approver(s) for the new resource.
- Supervisor Manager: Select supervisor manager for the new resource from the list of resources already existing in your organisation.
- Timesheet Approver: Select timesheet approver for the new resource from the list of resources already existing in your organisation.
- Expense Approver: Select expense approver for the new resource from the list of resources already existing in your organisation.
This information is defaulted to be the person who is adding the new resource.
To save the resource, click ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen and then ‘OK’ on the confirmation screen. After successfully adding the resource, you will be taken to the individual’s Profile Page.