People are assigned to Projects as part of the project team. An individual must be part of a team that has been assigned to a project in order for tasks to be assigned to them. Since Projects can have multiple teams, and an individual cannot be included in multiple teams, you can specify your organization’s teams in a manner that makes sense to you. You can specify them based on your organizational structure or by project or by any other criteria that is meaningful to your organization.
1. Select Street Resources from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Click ‘+Add’ to create a new Team.
3. For the new team you will find the basic information tabs where you can enter your team information and select resources specific to the team.
- Team Name: Provide a team name that is unique within the PlanStreet Solution.
- Status: All new teams are defaulted to be 'Active'. You can change this to In-active if you do not wish to assign them to a project.
- Description: You can provide team description here in this tab.
- Search Filter: The resources list can be so long, you can use the 'type-head' filter to locate the individuals you want to add in the team.
4. Click to highlight each individual that you want to add to the team. Note that you can change the ‘type-ahead’ filter to locate everyone you want to add to the team and only save the team after you have selected all the team members.
5. To save the team, click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen and then ‘OK’ on the confirmation screen. After successfully adding the team, you will be taken back to the Resource Directory Page.