(Click on video tutorial for more information on creating a Traditional project)
How to Create a Traditional Project
1. Select ‘Projects’ from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Click ‘Add’ to create a new project.
Enter the project information on the Project Detail screen.
1. Provide a project name that is meaningful in your organization. There are no formatting restrictions for Project Name. The Project Name can be changed even after the Project has started.
2. Select ‘Traditional’ in the ‘Project Type’ field to activate the Traditional Project templates. When switching between Agile and Traditional project type, the display will refresh very quickly to adjust to the project type data options.
3. Assign a ‘Project Owner’ to the project. Only Project Owners are authorized to view and manage the project so you may consider assigning more than one person as the Project Owner.
4. Optionally select a ‘Project Template’ from a list of templates if your organization has configured standard templates with common tasks to be used on your project.
5. The optionally select project team(s) from the ‘Teams’ list. Project tasks can be assigned only to those individuals who are members of the team(s) that are assigned to your project.
Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required fields. All other fields are optional and can be left blank and updated later.
To save the project, click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen and then ‘OK’ on the confirmation screen. After successfully adding the project, you will be taken to the project’s Task List.