(Click on the video tutorial for more information on editing tasks, Phases and milestones)
How To Edit and Delete Tasks
- To change or deletes Tasks, Phases, or Milestones, start on the Task List screen.
- Click on the '...' Icon next to the task you want to work on.
- Select ‘Edit Task’ to update any of the basic information on the Task.
- Select ‘Delete Task’ to remove it permanently from the project. The system will ask you to confirm that you wish to delete the task before the task is deleted.
- Deleted tasks cannot be recovered
- If a task is a parent to other tasks, ALL child tasks are permanently deleted at the same time as the parent task.
- You can edit the name of the task.
- The Task Type cannot be changed once a task has been added.
- The Plan Start Date and Plan End Date can be changed even if work has started on the task. Plan Start Date must be equal or greater than the Plan Start Date of its parent Task. Plan End Date must be equal to or greater than Plan Start Date.
- You can assign priority to the task. (Low, Medium, High)
- You can also control if the task is delayed or now by setting task delayed tab.
- You can also set Task status to new, in progress, complete or flagged.
- Assign Resources to work on the Task from the dropdown list of Project Team Members.
1. You can also edit tasks phases or milestone by simply clicking on the on them. If you want to change the name of a task just click on it and change the name accordingly.
2. You can also edit the date by simply clicking on the date and change it to any other date accordingly. you can not edit the date of Phases directly because they roll up the dates of the tasks added in them.
3. You can also change the duration of any task by clicking on the duration tab and put any number you want. Increasing the duration will extend the end date automatically.