(Click on the video tutorial above for more information about Time Line)
Basic overview of Time Line Functionality
1. Login to your account and click on projects.
2. Select any project.
3. Click on 'Time Line' from top navigation bar. It will take you to the Time Line page.
4. There will be a small information screen pop up if you move your cursor over project, phase, milestone and task bars. There information bars will show the duration, work hours, cost and revenue.
5. These Yellow lines linking one task to another are the predecessors. You can click and drag this line to change your predecessors. Also if you delete predecessors by double clicking on the yellow line.
6. You can change the view of the project to Days, Weeks, Months, Quarter and also Year depending on the project.
7. Zoom In and Zoom Out also servers the same purpose as point 6 as mention above. Zoom In will narrow your project view from Yearly to Quarterly to Monthly to Weekly to daily.
8. To move a Task using the TimeLine view, hover the cursor over the Task Bar and when you see a hand on the Task Bar, you can drag the Task Bar to its new location.
Tips and Details on Timeline
- You can use the left and right arrows on your keyboard to slide the TimeLine to the left and the right. Depending on the size of your project plan, you may find this more convenient than using the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the screen.
- It is important to note that only Tasks and Milestones can be changed in the TimeLine view. Phases and the Project timelines are updated automatically based on the changes being made to Tasks and Milestones.
- The Milestone date is changed by moving the Milestone to the desired date.