(Click on the video tutorial for more information about Resource Allocation)
Resource allocation is the assignment of resources to various tasks. So essentially, this tab shows a breakdown of how work is split up amongst your team. Users can view resource allocation for the week, for the month, and even for the year.
Click on the Street Resources Icon on the Left Navigation bar. and Click on the Resource Allocation Tab.
1. You can select any specific Project from the Project drop-down list.
You can also select any Resource to look at all the tasks assigned to him.
You can also select the Date from the date section tab.
2. Click on the double arrow icon to change screen to fullscreen.
Filters cans help you filter the search according to Task Status (New, In progress, Complete, Flagged).
By Clicking on Export to Excel you can download a resource allocation Ms Excel file.
3. User can view resource allocation for the week, for the month, and even for the year.
4. The first column just lists the names of all your resources. The Complete column shows a percentage of work that has already been completed, out of all the work that was actually assigned to them. The Allocation column shows how many hours have been assigned to that member, while the Workload column shows how many of those hours they actually completed. Users may work more or fewer hours on a project than projected in the Allocation column, so the Workload column is there to show how on/off-track they are. The Capacity column shows the user’s availability in hours. For example, if an employee works 8 hours shifts Monday through Friday, they have a capacity of 40 hours for the week, about 160 hours for the month, and about 1,920 for the year.
5. By clicking the drop-down button next to resource name will open the tasks assigned to that resource.
6. User can see the Total hours worked on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly bases.
How to change allocated hours from resource allocation
To change the allocated hours on an assigned task to a Resource, simply select the resource and click on the drop-down icon. It will show you all the tasks assigned to the resource with project name. User can simply single click on the allocated hours, a small hour/minutes pop-up will appear right next to it. Choose the number of hours you want to assign and click the blue tick mark. It will automatically save and update the hours assigned to the Resource.