Tasks can be assigned to as many resources as required. Click on the Projects menu from the Left Navigation bar and select the project you want to assign tasks from.
There are many ways to assign task to a resource.
Assigning Resource while creating a New Task:
1. Click on '+Add' from the task bar and click on Add Task.
It will take you to a New Task window. You will find the Resource drop-down bar.
2. Click on Resources, a drop-down list will open with all the resources available. Select the resource you want to assign this task to. You can select multiple resources depending on the task. Once you finish assigning resources click on the 'Save' button to update changes in the project.
How to assign Resource from List View:
You can also add a resource or change/edit a resource working hours from the List view.
Simple Click on the Add Resource icon from the Resource Column.
A new window will open for Team Members/Resources.
1. On the top of this window you will see all the Teams Allocated with this project. You can click on the team associated with the task to find the resource. You can Also search the resource if you have more resources.
2. Click on the check box to select desired resources.
3. Click the Apply button to assign the task to the selected resources.
How to change number of hours assigned to a resource:
The hours per day is set on 8 hours as default but you can change it by simply repeating the steps mentioned above but before clicking Apply you can see a tab 'Team Allocation' with Total hours and Hours per day. You can select the Number of hours the resource will work on this task per day.
You can also change the number of days assigned to a resource. In the below example the total number of days allocated for this task in 4. You can click on the End Date and reduce it to 2 days for specific Resource and assign the rest of the two days to another resource.
Do not forget to click Apply after any changes otherwise your changes will not be saved.