The case detail page is where users can view or edit any details about their cases. When creating a case, this is the first page the user is directed to, so that they can enter all the case's basic information.
To access the Case Detail page, click on the case you want to edit or update from the Cases List.
Then choose the "Case Detail" tab at the top of the page and click the "Edit" button.
Under "Basic Information" you will find the Case Name. You can edit the name of the case as many times you want.
The next section of information is "Client Details". The information displayed here is basic demographic information such as Name , Address, contact info, etc.... You can control which fields are shown and which are not through your system settings. The First and Last Name are required by the system when saving the case and can not be changed once the case is created. If a change is required to either of these, you must contact support and they can assist you. All other information can be reviewed and edited. Any field showing * is required and must be filled out to save the data.
PlanStreet uses Google Autocomplete through an API to enter addresses for the most accurate data possible. To enter the address you must fist enter the street address. The city, state and zip code will be filled in automatically.
In the next section you can edit or update Case Management Details.
The Case Management contains important information relating to how the case is set up and managed in the system.
- Start Date: This is the day that case management began for the client.
- Case Template: This is the template that will be applied to the case and determine what the case board will look like.
- Case Owner: The person(s) listed as the case owner is typically the case manager and will be able to view the case on the main grid as well as access the case board to assign activities to other workers.
- Teams: Here is where you can tell the system who will be working on the case. Teams are groups of workers that have been assigned to work on specific cases. A worker must be part of the team assigned to the case in order to be able to be assigned activities for that case.
- Published: This shows whether a case is Active or and Applicant.
- Donor: Here you can link a donor from the system to the case.
- Category: Each client can have a customizable list of categories that can be used to help organize the cases. Each case may only belong to one category at a time.
- Case Health: The health of the case can be used to track how well a client / case is progressing. It can also be used to show the current status of a case.
- Link to Case: This will show a list of all active cases in the system. You can choose a case from the list to create a link between them. This is often used with families that have multiple members that are cases in the system.
- Link Relationship: This is where you define what the link is between cases. Examples are Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, etc...
After the Case Management section, each organization has their own custom intake built and it can be edited only within the constraints of how they allow it to be.
Once all of the information has been updated, click on Save at the bottom of the page to save the case details.