How to create an Agile Project Template
1. Click on the project icon on the left navigation bar to go to project main page.
2. Select Project Template button from the task bar, it will take you to the Project Template page.
3. Click on Add to select which project template you want to create. Select 'Add Agile Template' to create a template for Agile project.
4. Provide the basic information for the Template: Name and Description.
5. Click on Save to save the basic information of the template.
6. Creating Sprints in an agile template is the same as creating sprints on an agile project. Simply click on Sprint to add a sprint on Template Board. Have a look at '6a' for better understanding on how to create sprints.
7. To add stories, you can either Click on Import, which can let you import stories, it also helps you create multiple stories or click on the '+' button to add a single story. Have a look at 7a, 7b, 7c, 7d for better understanding on creating stories.
6a. After clicking on the Sprint button on the Template Board you will need to fill in the basic information for sprint.
- Name: Enter name of the sprint.
- Goals: What is the goal you want to obtain from this sprint.
- Color: You can change the color of the sprint to distinguish it from other sprints.
- Prior Sprint: You can mention if this sprint follows another sprint.
- Active: You can click checkbox to make the sprint active and all the stories inside it.
- Description: You can provide a small description of the sprint.
Click on Save to create sprint.
7a: After clicking on 'Import' to import stories, anew window will appear. Click on Add or Delete to add and delete stories. You can also select on which sprint you want to import these stories by selecting the sprint from the dropdown.
7b: You can copy a list of stories and paste it here to create stories. You can also provide a small description of these stories. You can also add story points against each story to explain the complexity of that story.
7c: Click on Create User Story to create stories.
7d: As mentioned above, to create a single story click on '+' under backlog. It will take you to another window where you need to provide some basic information of the story.
- User Story: You can provide the name of the story.
- Priority: You can provide the priority of the story (Low, Medium, Important).
- Description: You can also provide a small description of the story.
- Duration (Days): You can provide the number of days this story will need to finish.
- Story Points: You can also add story points against each story to explain the complexity of that story.
Click on Save to create a story.
How to Add Categories in Sprints:
- Click on the Sprint name to open the sprint board.
- Click on the Category button on the left of the user story to create more categories with-in a sprint to differentiate stories.
- After clicking the category provide with the name of the category and with the color of its board. Click Save to create a category.
- After creating categories, click Back option.
Click on Save to save the template.
Your saved Template is now available to use in the Project Template page.
How to Edit an Agile Project Template
1. Click on the Project icon on the left navigation bar to go to the Project main page. Select Project Template button from the task bar, which will take you to the Project Template page.
2. Select the template you want to edit by clicking on the Template. Once it turns green in color, that means it is selected.
3. Now click on the Edit button from the taskbar to edit the template.
Once you are in the Template edit page you can edit everything in the template.
- Sprints: You can add or delete sprints, and can also edit the existing sprints.
- Story: You can add or delete stories, you can also edit the existing stories.
- Import: You can also import stories by using the Import function.
Click on Save to update your template.
How to Attach a Template to Create a Project
- Click on the Project icon on the left navigation bar to go to the Project main page. Select Add button from the task bar, which will take you to the New Project Creation window.
- Provide with all the basic information of creating a new project. There you will find an option for the Project Template. Click on it to select the template you want to make your project on.
- After selecting the Project Template, click on Save to create a new project with the template.
Your project will be created with all the data available in the template.