In this document we will help you understand how to create a new case.
1. Click on Case from the left navigation panel. Now click on the Add button from the case main page.
When creating a case, you must enter a case name and have a First and Last Name for the client. The case name must but be unique. The system will not accept it if it matches something that already exists. It is recommended that you use the Name along with DOB or another number that can make the Case Name unique.
In Client Details, you are required to enter the basic information about the client / case.
After you enter case details, you can enter case management details which includes:
- Start Date - The start date will default to the day the case is being created. This date may be changed if needed but can never be set later then the earliest activity.
- Case Template - The case template refers to the collection of programs and activities that was put together to manage the case.
- Case Owner - The case owner is someone who is assigned to the case to have full access and be able to access the case from the case grid. Typically they are the person in charge of the case and can assign work to others that are part of the team assigned to the case.
- Team - A team is a group of workers that have been set up to help manage the case. Members of the Team will have access to the activities they are assigned and will help complete them as needed.
- Published - This refers to whether a case has been made active or not. If a case has been published, or has a value of "Yes", then it will show on the active tab. If the value is "No", then the case will show on the Applicant tab on the Main Case Grid.
- Donor - This field allows you to link a donor to the case/client. The field is populated based on the Donors that have been entered into the system through Donor Management.
- Category - Categories can be set up to help organize your clients. This drop down will all you to link a client to a certain category. Clients / Cases may only be linked to 1 Category at a time.
The last step to creating a case is to complete the custom areas of the intake. These fields vary for each client and must be filled out according to their requirements. The panels containing the custom areas will be located after the Case Management Details.