(Click on the video tutorial above for more information about Case Management Templates)
This document will help you understand how we can create Template for Cases. We can make multiple templates in the system which can be used for making cases without spending a lot of time on it.
How to create a New Case Template
1. Click on Case icon from the left navigation panel. It will take you to Case main page where you will find all the cases. In the top bar you will find Case Template. Click on it and it will take you to case template page.
2. Click on Add to create a new template.
2a. After clicking on Add it will give you an option to choose from:
- Add Agile Template
Click on Add Agile template to create a template for case management.
3. Provide the basic information for the Template (e.g. Name and Description).
4. Click on Save to save the basic information of the template.
5. Creating Program in a case template is the same as creating a program on a case project. Simply click on program to add a program on Template Board. Have a look at '5a' for better understanding on how to create programs.
6. To add an activity you can either click on Import, which can let you import activities, it also help you create multiple activities. OR you can also click on the '+' button to add a single activity. Have a look at 6a, 6b, 6c and 6d for a better understanding on creating activities.
5a. After clicking on the programs button on Template board you will need to fill in the basic information for creating a new program.
- Name: Enter name of the program.
- Goals: What is the goal you want to obtain from this program.
- Color: You can change the color of the program to distinguish it from other programs.
- Prior Programs: You can mention if this program follows another program.
- Active: You can click checkbox to make the program active and also the activities inside it.
- Description: You can provide a small description of the program.
Click on save to create program.
6a: After clicking on 'Import' to import activities, a new window will appear. Click on Add or Delete to add and delete activities. You can also select on which program you want to import these activities by selecting the program from the dropdown.
6b: You can copy a list of activities and paste it here to create new activities. You can also provide a small description of these activities. You can also add activity points against each activity to explain the complexity on that activity.
6c: Click on create case activity to create activities.
6d: As we mentioned above to create a single activity click on '+' under 'New Activities' column. It will take you to another window where you need to provide some basic information of the activity.
- Case Activity: You can provide the name of the activity here.
- Priority: You can provide the priority of the activity (Low, Medium and Important).
- Description: You can also provide a small description of the activity.
- Duration (Days): You can provide the number of days this activity will need to finish.
- Case Point: You can also add case points against each activity to explain the complexity on that activity.
- Case Worker: You can select the Case worker to whom the Activity is assigned.
- Checklist: You can add the checklist for the Case Activity.
- Forms: You can select the form associated with the Case Activity.
Click on Save to create an activity.
How to Edit a Case Template
1. Click on Case icon from the left navigation bar to go to cases main page. Select Case Template button from the task bar, it will take you to the case template page.
2. Select the template you want to edit by clicking on the template. Once it turns right green in color that means it is selected.
3. Now click on the Edit button from the taskbar to edit the template.
Once you are in the Template edit page you can edit, delete or add everything in the template.
- Programs: You can add or delete programs; you can also edit already existing programs.
- Activity: You can add or delete activities; you can also edit already existing activities.
- Import: You can also import activities by using the Import function.
- Template Name : You can update the Template Name
- Description: You can update the Description.
Click on Save to update your Template.
How to Attach a Template to create a Case
- Click on Case icon from the left navigation bar to go to Cases main page. Select Add button from the task bar, it will take you to the case details window.
- Provide with all the basic information of creating a new case. There you will find an option for Case Template in Case Management Details. Click on it to select the Template you want to make your case on.
- Click on case template and it will show you all the templates created in the system. After selecting the template, click on save to create a new case with the template.