(Click on the video tutorial above for more information about Case Management Templates)
This document will help you understand how we can create Template for Cases. We can make multiple templates in the system which can be used for making cases without spending a lot of time on it.
How to create a New Case Template
1. Click on Case icon from the left navigation panel. It will take you to Case main page where you will find all the cases. In the top bar you will find Case Template. Click on it and it will take you to case template page.
2. Click on Add to create a new template.
2a. After clicking on Add it will give you an option to choose from:
- Add Case Management Template
3. Provide the basic information for the Template (e.g. Name and Description).
4. Click on Save to save the basic information of the template.
5. Simply click on program to add a program on Template Board.
After clicking on the programs button on Template board you will need to fill in the basic information for creating a new program.
- Name: Enter name of the program.
- Goals: What is the goal you want to obtain from this program.
- Color: You can change the color of the program to distinguish it from other programs.
- Prior Programs: You can mention if this program follows another program.
- Active: You can click checkbox to make the program active and also the activities inside it. Programs MUST be active to show up on the case board.
- Attendance: You can activate attendance function by simply clicking on this checkbox. You will use this if you have a program that contains classes or other activities that you might require to track attendance on.
- Description: You can provide a small description of the program.
Click on save to create program.
6. There are 2 ways to add activities to your programs. You can add activities one by one or you can use the import function to create multiple activities at once.
To create a single activity click on '+' under 'New Activities' column (5). It will take you to another window where you need to provide some basic information of the activity.
- Case Activity: You can provide the name of the activity here.
- Priority: You can provide the priority of the activity (Low, Medium and Important).
- Description: You can also provide a small description of the activity.
- Duration (Days): You can provide the number of days this activity will need to finish.
- Case Point: You can also add case points against each activity to explain the complexity on that activity.
- Case Worker: You can select the Case worker to whom the Activity is assigned.
- Checklist: You can add the checklist for the Case Activity.
- Forms: You can select the form associated with the Case Activity.
Click on Save to create an activity.
To use the 'Import' function, click on Import as shown above and a a new window will appear. Choose the program (6A) that you wish to add activities from the drop down at the top. Next click on Add to begin adding activities to the list (6b).
Once you have added all the activities to the list you can click on create case activity (6c) and it will transfer those activities to the program you selected.
Once all of the activities have been added to the program you can click each one and edit the details as shown above when adding a single activity.
The last step is to click Save. Now the template will available to be used on your cases going forward.