Worklog is where you update your working hours on assigned tasks in the system.
1. Click on My Street icon from the left navigation bar. It will take you to My Street page. Here you will see all the asks assigned to you and its statuses.
2. My Street shows you all the tasks assigned to which makes it time consuming to look for a specific task or project. Just click on the project search bar and it will provide you with a drop-down list of all the projects. Select the project you want.
3. These columns will tell you about the statuses of the tasks.
- To Do: When a task is assigned to you and you have not started it yet.
- In Progress: When you are working on a task but it is not completed yet.
- Done: When you finish working on a task and mark it as completed.
- Flagged: When you stuck on a particular task and need more clarification before starting its marked as flagged.
You can move a task from one column to another, there are 2 ways to do it.
- Click and drag the task and drop it in the next column.
- Click on the task and it will open task information window.
Clicking on a task will show you the information window of that task. On the right top corner, you will find the Status settings on the task.
- Completion Task: It provides you with the percentage of how much the task is completed and how much is still pending.
- Start Progress: By clicking on this button you will change the status of the task from new to in progress.
- Mark Flagged: By clicking on this button it will put the task in the flagged column.
4. After clicking button "Start Progress", you will notice that the task is automatically shifted to the In Progress column. You will notice a small green clock button on top right corner of a task. Click on this button to update any time you worked on this task.
5. After clicking on green clock button it will take you to work log popup where you can update the hours you worked on a task.
- Time Spent: Work hours spent by a resource against the selected task on the particular date. Enter hours or minutes you worked on selected task.
- Remaining: It is the difference of Allocated Hours - Total worklog
- Posted Date: You can select specific date when you worked on this task.
- Save: It save the record and the popup remained open so that user can enter multiple worklogs at a time.
- Save & Close: It save the record and close the worklog popup.
- Close :It closed the worklog popup without saving.
6. Click on time spent and enter the time. Now click on the posted date to adjust the date. Click 'Save' or 'Save and Close'.
For example: You are working on a task and you have 16 hours available to do it. You worked 8 hours on that task, so you will put 8 hours in time spent. You will notice that the remaining hours are automatically reduced to 8 hours. Now click on Save to update the changes.
After updating the hours click on the task again to check if the task information is updated or not. You will notice the completion task is active and tells 50% of the work is completed on the task. You can click on Worklog to enter more hours if you already worked on it. You can also select Mark Done if you consider the task does not require any more time and it is completed. Click on Save and the task will be shifted to Done which is the next column.