Number Field element is used when you only want to input numeric data into the field. You can set up by adjusting different fields in different tabs.
- Label: You can place the title or name in this component.
- Label Position: In this setting you can adjust the position of the component name and label.
- Label Width: In this setting you can adjust the width of the component name and label.
- Label Margin: In this setting you can adjust the margins of the component name and label.
- Placeholder: In this setting you can place text which will appear in the field when it's empty.
- Description: In the Description field, you can enter text which will appear under the Input field.
- Tooltip: Entering data here will create a tooltip icon on the field.
- Prefix: With this setting you can enter a predefined text to show before a field.
- Suffix: With this setting you can enter a predefined text to show after a field.
- Custom CSS Class: With this setting you can add a CSS class. Multiple classes can be added and they class names can be separated by only a space.
- Tab Index: The setting Tab Index indicates which element in a form can be focused and which can be unfocused. It works as a global attribute. It gives three different types of results depending on the integer. Negative Integer (-1) indicates that the elements are unfocused and they are unreachable by sequential navigation. Zero Integer (0) indicates that the elements are focused and they can be reached with a sequential navigation. Positive Integer (1) it works as the zero integer but in the positive integer you can set up an order depending on the number.
- Hidden: Enabling this setting will hide your field from viewing when the form is extracted.
- Hide Label: In this component you can hide the label or name. Sometimes you only need the component field and not the label, hide label is used for that purpose.
- Hide Input: Enabling this setting will hide the data entered when you view the form the in front-end browser.
- Initial Focus: Enabling this setting can make the field initially focused. Please note that only one field or component can be the initial focus in a form.
- Allow Spellcheck: Enabling this setting will allow the field to mark the words spelled wrong.
- Disabled: Enabling this setting will disable the component from the form.
- Table View: When this setting is enabled the data on this component will only show up in submission list of the table view.
- Multiple Values: If you enable this setting, you can add multiple values in the field. By clicking on "Add Another" button you can add more values and they will form an array.
- Default Values: The default value (if given) will be the value in the text field unless the user enters it manually. If you use default value you can no longer use place holder settings.
- Persistent: If you enable this setting, your data will not appear in the properties.
- Use Thousand Separators: In this setting you can provide the local delimiter to separate thousands.
- Decimal Places: In this setting, you can identify the total number of decimal places you need.
- Input Format: In this setting you can obtain output from this field into 3 different formats. Plain, HTML and Raw(insecure). You can select your desired format.
- Protected: If you do not want to show the input value in properties when queried by API, you can enable this setting.
- Database Index: If you select this setting this will create an index within the database which will help to make the performance better when queries are submitted.
- Encrypted: Encrypt this field on the server. It is a two way encryption and it is not appropriate for passwords. This setting is only available on the ‘Enterprise’ project plan.
- Redraw On: With this option you can link or connect another component, you can redraw component if the other component is updated.
- Clear Value When Hidden: As the name suggest the value of this field will be cleared if the hidden option is selected.
- Calculate Value on server: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will run the calculations on your server.
- Allow Manual Override of Calculated Value: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will allow you to override the calculated values.
- Validate On: Selecting this setting will determine when to allow the front-end validation of the component. It provides two options to choose i.e., Change and Blur.
- Required: Enabling this setting will make this component a mandatory and the user can not submit the form without filling this component.
- Minimum Value: In this setting you can define the minimum value required in this field before submitting.
- Maximum Value: In this setting you can define the maximum value required in this field before submitting.
- Error Label: In this setting you can enter text which will be displayed when the field display an error message.
- Custom Error Message: In this setting you can enter the error message which will be displayed to the user if any error occurred while filling-out the form.
- Property Name: In this setting you can provide the name of the field in the API endpoint.
- Field Tags: In this setting you can enter the tags for the field that can be used in the custom logic.
- Custom Properties: In this setting you can enter any custom properties to configure this component.
- This component should Display: In this setting you can choose "True and False" if this component should display.
- When the form component: In this setting you can choose if you want the component to be displayed after the it is submitted.
- Has the value: In this setting you can choose the value of the component when it shall be hidden or displayed.
- Advanced Logic:
- HTML Attributes: In this setting you can enter HTML attributes map for components input.
Let's create a new Text field component. Click on the text field button and drag it on to Form Creation screen. It will open text field setting windows.
1. In the picture below we created a simple Number Component with some main elements. We enter the name of the Label in the first field.
2. We set the position of the Label in the second field. You have 6 different options to set the position of the label. By default, label is at the top.
3. In the label width and margin we set the size of the label. You can increase or decrease the size and position by adjusting the percentages.
4. Placeholder element allows you to can put text which will appear in the field when it's empty. It will guide the user with what to write in the field.
5. Click on Save to create the number component.
This is how the number component will appear on the form.