This component works in the same way as text field component but due to its html configuration the entered value will be shown as asterisks (*). Click and drag it to the form creation screen and it will pop-up a setting window for Password component.
- Label: You can place the title or name in this component.
- Label Position: With this setting you can adjust the position of component name and label.
- Label Width: With this setting you can adjust the width of component name and label.
- Label Margin: With this setting you can adjust the margins of component name and label.
- Placeholder: With this setting you can place text which will appear in the field when it's empty.
- Description: In description field you can enter text which will appear under the Input Field.
- Tooltip: Entering data here will create a tooltip icon on the field.
- Prefix: With this setting you can enter a predefined text to show before a field.
- Suffix: With this setting you can enter a predefined text to show after a field.
- Custom CSS Class: With this setting you can add a CSS class. Multiple classes can be added and they class names can be separated by only a space.
- Tab Index: The setting Tab Index indicates which element in a form can be focused and which can be unfocused. It works as a global attribute. It gives three different type of results depending on the integer. Negative Integer (-1) indicates that the elements are unfocused and they are unreachable by sequential navigation. Zero Integer (0) indicates that the elements are focused and they can be reached with a sequential navigation. Positive Integer (1) it works as the zero integer but in the positive integer you can set up an order depending on the number.
- Hidden: Enabling this setting will hide your field from viewing when the form is rendered.
- Hide Label: In this component you can hide the label or name. Sometimes you only need the component field and not the label, hide label is used for that purpose.
- Show Word Counter: You can enable this field if you want to have a live count of number of words.
- Show Character Counter: You can enable this field if you want to have a live count of number of characters.
- Hide Input: Enabling this setting will hide the data entered when you view the form the front-end browser.
- Initial Focus: Enabling this setting can make the field initially focused. Please note that only one field or component can be the initial focus in a form.
- Allow Spellcheck: Enabling this setting will allow the field to mark the words spelled wrong.
- Disabled: Enabling this setting will disable the component from the form.
- Table View: When this setting is enabled the data on this component will only show up in submission list of the table view.
- Text Case: You can set the text case of the field to Mixed, Uppercase and Lowercase as default.
- Redraw On: With this option you can link or connect another component, you can redraw component if the other component is updated.
- Clear Value When Hidden: As the name suggest the value of this field will be cleared if the hidden option is selected.
- Calculate Value on server: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will run the calculations on your server.
- Allow Manual Override of Calculated Value: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will allow you to override the calculated values.
- Validate On: Selecting this setting will determine when to allow the front-end validation of the component. It provides two options to choose from Change and Blur.
- Required: Enabling this setting will make this component a must and user can not submit the form without filling this component.
- Minimum Length: In this setting you can define the minimum limit required in this field.
- Maximum Length: In this setting you can define the maximum limit required in this field.
- Regular Expression Pattern: This setting will check the value in the field before user can submit the form.
- Error Label: With this setting you can enter text which will be displayed when the field display an error message.
- Custom Error Message: In this setting you can enter the error message which will be displayed to the user if any error occurred while filling the form.
- Property Name: In this setting you can provide the name of the field in the API endpoint.
- Field Tags: In this setting you can enter the tags for the field that can be used in the custom logic.
- Custom Properties: In this setting you can enter any custom properties to configure this component.
- This component should Display: In this setting you can choose "True and False" if this component should display.
- When the form component: In this setting you can choose if you want the component to be displayed after the it is submitted.
- Has the value: In this setting you can choose the value of the component when it shall be hidden or displayed.
- Advanced Logic:
- HTML Attributes: In this setting you can enter HTML attributes map for components input.
Let's create a new password component. Click on the password button and drag it on the form creation screen. It will open password component setting windows.
1. In the picture below we created a simple password component with main elements. We enter the name of the Label in the first field.
2. We set the position of the Label in the second field. You have 6 different options to set the position of the label. By default, label is at the top.
3. Placeholder element allows you to can put text which will appear in the field when it's empty. It will guide the user with what to write in the field.
4. You can enter description if you want to provide any additional information in the field.
5. Click on Save to create the password component.
This is how the password component will appear on the form.