How to Update Activity Status and Add Worklog from My Activities:
Worklog is where you update your working hours on assigned activities in the system.
1. Click on My Activities icon on the left navigation bar. It will take you to My Activities page. Here you will see all the activities assigned to you as well as their statuses.
2. My Activities shows you all the activities assigned to you which makes it tricky and time consuming to understand that which activity belongs to which case, to look for a specific activity or case, Just click on the Case search bar and it will provide you with a drop-down list of all the cases. Select the case you want.
3. These columns will tell you about the statuses of the activities.
- To Do: When an activity is assigned to you and you have not started it yet.
- In Progress: When you are working on an activity but it is not completed yet.
- Done: When you finish working on an activity and mark it as completed.
- Flagged: When you get stuck on a particular activity and need more clarification before starting it you can mark it as flagged so manager should know that you are stuck somewhere and you need help.
You can move an activity from one column to another, there are 2 ways to do it.
- Click and drag the activity and drop it in the next column.
- Click on the activity and it will open Task Information window.
Clicking on a task will show you the information window of that task. On the right top corner, you will find the Status settings on the task.
- Completion Activities: It provides you with the percentage of how much the activity is completed and how much is still pending.
- Start Progress: By clicking on this button, you will change the status of the activity from "New" to "In Progress".
- Mark Flagged: By clicking on this button it will put the activity in the flagged column.
4. After clicking the button "Start Progress", you will notice that the activity is automatically shifted to the In Progress column. You will notice a small green clock button on the top right corner of the activity. Click on this button to update the amount of time you worked on this activity.
5. Clicking on the green clock button will take you to the Worklog popup where you can update the hours you worked on that activity.
- Time Spent: Work hours spent by a worker against the selected activity on the particular date. Enter hours or minutes you worked on the selected activity.
- Remaining: It is the difference of the allocated hours on an activity and the total number of hours spent on an activity.
- Posted Date: You can select a specific date you worked on this activity. NOTE: You can add a worklog on a past, present and future date.
- Save: It saves the record and the popup remains open so that worker can enter multiple worklogs at a time.
- Save & Close: It saves the changes on an activity and close the worklog popup.
- Close: It closes the worklog popup without saving.
6. Click on the Time Spent and enter the time. Now click on the posted date to adjust the date. Click 'Save' or 'Save and Close'.
You start working on an activity today and you have spent 8 hours on that activity today. So, you can click on Time Spent and insert 8 hours. You will notice that the remaining hours automatically decreased from 40 hours to 32. Now click on the Posted date to select the date when you worked on this activity. Click on Save & Close to record the worklog.
After updating the hours, click on the activity again to check if the activity information is updated or not. You will notice the completion activity is active and tells how much work is completed on the activity. You can click on Worklog to enter more hours if you already worked on it. You can also select Mark Done if you consider the activity does not require any more time and it is completed. Click on Save and the activity will be shifted to Done which is the next column.
Adding Hours on a Previous/ Future Date:
There will always be a time that you will forget to update your worklog on the same day you worked on them. PlanStreet resolves this issue by allowing you to add your hours on past dates as well as future days if you put some extra hours on that activity.
To change the date, click on Worklog to update it. When you are on your worklog screen, simply click on Posting Date and it will show a calendar.
- Select the date from the past / future and add time spent. Save it to make the changes.