Worklog is where you update your working hours on assigned activities in the system.
1. Click on My Activities icon from the left navigation bar. It will take you to My Activities page. Here you will see all the activities assigned to you and its statuses.
2. My Activities shows you all the activities assigned to which makes it time consuming to look for a specific activity or case. Just click on the case search bar and it will provide you with a drop-down list of all the cases. Select the case you want.
3. These columns will tell you about the statuses of the activities.
- To Do: When an activity is assigned to you and you have not started it yet.
- In Progress: When you are working on an activity but it is not completed yet.
- Done: When you finish working on an activity and mark it as completed.
- Flagged: When you stuck on a particular activity and need more clarification before starting its marked as flagged.
You can move an activity from one column to another, there are 2 ways to do it.
- Click and drag the activity and drop it in the next column.
- Click on the activity and it will open task information window.
Clicking on a task will show you the information window of that task. On the right top corner, you will find the Status settings on the task.
- Completion Activities: It provides you with the percentage of how much the activity is completed and how much is still pending.
- Start Progress: By clicking on this button you will change the status of the activity from new to in progress.
- Mark Flagged: By clicking on this button it will put the activity in the flagged column.
4. After clicking button "Start Progress", you will notice that the activity is automatically shifted to the In Progress column. You will notice a small green clock button on top right corner of the activity. Click on this button to update the amount of time you worked on this activity.
5. After clicking on green clock button it will take you to work log popup where you can update the hours you worked on that activity.
- Time Spent: Work hours spent by a worker against the selected activity on the particular date. Enter hours or minutes you worked on selected activity.
- Remaining: It is the difference of Allocated Hours on an activity and Total hours spent on an activity.
- Posted Date: You can select specific date when you worked on this activity. NOTE: You can add a worklog on a past, present and future date.
- Save: It save the record and the popup remained open so that worker can enter multiple worklogs at a time.
- Save & Close: It save the changes on an activity and close the worklog popup.
- Close: It closed the worklog popup without saving.
6. Click on time spent and enter the time. Now click on the posted date to adjust the date. Click 'Save' or 'Save and Close'.
For example: You start working on an activity today and you have spent 8 hours on that activity today. So you can click on Time Spent and insert 8 hours. You will notice that the remaining hours automatically decreased from 40 hours to 32 hours. Now click on Posted date to select the date when you worked on this activity. Click on Save & Close to record worklog.
After updating the hours click on the activity again to check if the activity information is updated or not. You will notice the completion activity is active and tells how much work is completed on the activity. You can click on Worklog to enter more hours if you already worked on it. You can also select Mark Done if you consider the activity does not require any more time and it is completed. Click on Save and the activity will be shifted to Done which is the next column.
Adding Hours on a Previous/ Future Date:
There will always be a time that you will forget to update your worklog on the same day you worked on them . PlanStreet resolve this issue by allows you to add your hours on past dates as well as future days if you put some extra hours on that activity.
To change the date, click on worklog to update it. When you are on your worklog screen, simply click on posting date and it will show a calendar.
Select the date from the past / future and add time spent. Save it to make the changes.