Workers are assigned to cases as part of the case team. A worker must be part of a team that has been assigned to a case in order for activities to be assigned to them. Since cases can have multiple teams, and a worker cannot be included in multiple teams, you can specify your organization’s teams in a manner that makes sense to you. You can specify them based on your organizational structure or by case or on any other criteria that may benefit to your organization.
1. Select Case Workers on the left navigation panel.
2. Click ‘+Add’ to create a new Team.
3. For the new team you will find the Basic Information tabs where you can enter your team information and select resources specific to the team.
- Team Name: Provide a team name that is unique within the PlanStreet product.
- Status: All new teams are defaulted to be 'Active'. You can change this to In-Active if you do not wish to assign them to a case.
- Description: You can provide team description here in this tab.
- Search Filter: The workers list could be long, you can use the 'type-head' filter to locate the worker's you want to add to the team.
4. Click to highlight each worker you want to add to the team. Note that you can change the ‘type-ahead’ filter to locate everyone you want to add to the team and only save the team after you have selected all the team members.
5. To save the team, click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen and then ‘OK’ on the confirmation screen. After successfully adding the team, you will be taken back to the Worker Directory page.
For example, we select three workers for the team by clicking on them. If the color of the workers tile turns pale it means they are selected. In the team's name we entered Test Resource - Team. Now press Save to create a new team.
You will notice that a new team is created with the name Test Resource - Team.