The Survey component works similar to the radio. Instead of one question, users are able to select a value for multiple questions which are configured within the component settings. Survey is a great component to utilize when asking multiple questions with the same context of answers or values.
- Label: You can place the title or name in this component.
- Label Position: In this setting you can adjust the position of the component name and label.
- Label Width: In this setting you can adjust the width of the component name and label.
- Label Margin: In this setting you can adjust the margins of the component name and label.
- Placeholder: In this setting you can place text which will appear in the field when it's empty.
- Description: In the description field you can enter text which will appear under the Input field.
- Tooltip: Entering data here will create a tooltip icon on the field.
- Prefix: In this setting you can enter a predefined text to show before a field.
- Suffix: In this setting you can enter a predefined text to show after a field.
- Custom CSS Class: In this setting you can add a CSS class. Multiple classes can be added and they class names can be separated by only a space.
- Tab Index: The setting Tab Index indicates which element in a form can be focused and which can be unfocused. It works as a global attribute. It gives 3 different types of results depending on the integer. Negative Integer (-1) indicates that the elements are unfocused and they are unreachable by sequential navigation. Zero Integer (0) indicates that the elements are focused and they can be reached with a sequential navigation. Positive Integer (1) it works as the zero integer but in the positive integer you can set up an order depending on the number.
- Hidden: Enabling this setting will hide your field from viewing when the form is extracted.
- Hide Label: In this component you can hide the label or name. Sometimes you only need the component field and not the label, hide label is used for that purpose.
- Initial Focus: Enabling this setting can make the field initially focused. Please note that only one field or component can be the initial focus in a form.
- Disabled: Enabling this setting will disable the component from the form.
- Table View: When this setting is enabled the data on this component will only show up in the Submission list of the table view.
Questions: In this section you can add questions that you would like to ask within the survey.
Values: The values that can be selected per question. Example: ‘Satisfied’, ‘Very Satisfied’, etc.
- Default Values: The default value (if given) will be the value in the text field unless the user enter it manually. If you use default value you can no longer use place holder settings.
- Persistent: If you enable this setting, your data will not emerge in the properties.
- Protected: If you do not want to show the input value in properties when queried by API, you can enable this setting.
- Database Index: If you select this setting this will create an index within the database which will help to make the performance better when queries are submitted.
- Text Case: You can set the text case of the field to mixed, uppercase and lowercase as default.
- Encrypted: Encrypt this field on the server. It is a two-way encryption and it is not appropriate for passwords. This setting is only available on the ‘Enterprise’ project plan.
- Redraw On: With this option you can link or connect another component, you can redraw a component if the other component is updated.
- Clear Value When Hidden: As the name suggest the value of this field will be cleared if the hidden option is selected.
- Calculate Value on Server: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will run the calculations on your server.
- Allow Manual Override of Calculated Value: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will allow you to override the calculated values.
- Validate On: Selecting this setting will determine when to allow the front-end validation of the component. It provides two options to choose i.e., Change and Blur.
- Required: Enabling this setting will make this component a mandatory and the user can not submit the form without filling this component.
- Unique: Enabling this setting will help the user understand that this information is not provided before while submitting the form.
- Error Label: With this setting you can enter text which will be displayed when the field displays an error message.
- Custom Error Message: In this setting you can enter the error message which will be displayed to the user if any error occurred while filling the form.
- Property Name: In this setting you can provide the name of the field in the API endpoint.
- Field Tags: In this setting you can enter the tags for the field that can be used in the custom logic.
- Custom Properties: In this setting you can enter any custom properties to configure this component.
- This component should Display: In this setting you can choose "True and False" if this component should display.
- When the form component: In this setting you can choose if you want the component to be displayed after the it is submitted.
- Has the value: In this setting you can choose the value of the component when it will be hidden or displayed.
- HTML Attributes: In this setting you can enter HTML attributes map for components input.