A Data Map component allows users to create key / value pairs. Both the key and the value fields can get the values while filling out the form. New pairs can be added to the form by the 'Add Another' button, and removed by the 'X' (Remove Row) button.
The Data Map with the
dataMap key would submit as
The Key component cannot be changed and will always be a Text Field. The Value component can be changed from the default Text Field to any other component (e.g. Text Area, Number, Checkbox etc.).
- Label: You can place the title or name in this component.
- Label Position: With this setting you can adjust the position of component name and label.
- Label Width: With this setting you can adjust the width of component name and label.
- Label Margin: With this setting you can adjust the margins of component name and label.
- Tooltip: Entering data here will create a tooltip icon on the field.
- Description: In description field you can enter text which will appear under the Input Field.
- Label for Key Column: A label text for a Key column. If left empty, the 'Key' label will be used by default.
Disable Adding / Removing Rows: Hides the 'Add Another' and the 'Remove Row' buttons.
- Show Key Column Before Value: Makes the Key column show before the Value column. If unchecked, the Value column will show first.
- Add Another Text: Sets the text of the 'Add Another' button.
- Custom CSS Class: With this setting you can add a CSS class. Multiple classes can be added and they class names can be separated by only a space.
- Hidden: Enabling this setting will hide your field from viewing when the form is extracted.
- Hide Label: In this component you can hide the label or name. Sometimes you only need the component field and not the label, hide label is used for that purpose.
- Initial Focus: Enabling this setting can make the field initially focused. Please note that only one field or component can be the initial focus in a form.
- Disabled: Enabling this setting will disable the component from the form.
- Table View: When this setting is enabled the data on this component will only show up in submission list of the table view.
- Persistent: If you enable this setting, your data will not emerge in the properties.
- Protected: If you do not want to show the input value in properties when queried by API, you can enable this setting.
- Database Index: If you select this setting this will create an index within the database which will help to make the performance better when queries are submitted.
- Encrypted: Encrypt this field on the server. It is a two way encryption and it is not appropriate for passwords. This setting is only available on the ‘Enterprise’ project plan.
- Redraw On: With this option you can link or connect another component, you can redraw component if the other component is updated.
- Clear Value When Hidden: As the name suggest the value of this field will be cleared if the hidden option is selected.
- Calculate Value on server: As the name suggest, if you select this setting, it will run the calculations on your server.
- Validate On: Selecting this setting will determine when to allow the front-end validation of the component. It provides two options to choose i.e., Change and Blur.
- Required: Enabling this setting will make this component a must and user can not submit the form without filling this component.
- Unique: Enabling this setting will help the user understand that this information is not provided before while submitting the form.
- Error Label: With this setting you can enter text which will be displayed when the field display an error message.
- Custom Error Message: In this setting you can enter the error message which will be displayed to the user if any error occurred while filling the form.
- Property Name: In this setting you can provide the name of the field in the API endpoint.
- Field Tags: In this setting you can enter the tags for the field that can be used in the custom logic.
- Custom Properties: In this setting you can enter any custom properties to configure this component.
- This component should Display: In this setting you can choose "True and False" if this component should display.
- When the form component: In this setting you can choose if you want the component to be displayed after the it is submitted.
- Has the value: In this setting you can choose the value of the component when it shall be hidden or displayed.
- HTML Attributes: In this setting you can enter HTML attributes map for components input.