- Navigate to the Project’s Task List screen if you are not already on it.
- To add a new Phase, Task, or Milestone, click the ‘+Add’ button and select what you wish to add from the dropdown.
Tasks, Phases, and Milestones added using this method are added as 1st level child(ren) to the project. To add Tasks, Phases, or Milestones as children of other Task List items, please see How to Add Tasks, Phases, and Milestones at Task List Item Level . Please note that PlanStreet solution does allow you to rearrange your tasks in relationship to the project and other Tasks without having to re-enter any of the already added items.
Enter the applicable task name for the work to be done.
- The Task Type is defaulted to the one selected on the Task List menu but can be changed before the task is added.
- Plan Start Date is defaulted to the Project Start Date but can be changed to a later date.
- Plan End Date is also defaulted to the Project Start Date. If the Plan Start Date is changed, the Plan End Date must be changed to same or later than the Plan Start Date.
- Files applicable to the task can be attached to it. Such files may include drawings, checklists, assembly instructions, requirements, change specifications, or any other type of information that is relevant to the work being identified by the Task. There are no restrictions on the file types that can be attached within the PlanStreet Solution since when accessed, they will always be opened with their originating software tool. Files attached to Project tasks are also visible via ‘Documents’ on the left-hand navigation panel.
- You can add checklist / to-do items to a Task, Phase, and Milestone. The purpose of the checklist is to provide a list of detail level items that need to be completed in order to complete the work identified by the task. The checklist completion is not tracked and does not affect the ability to mark the task as completed.
To save the Task, Phase, or Milestone item, click ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen and then ‘OK’ on the confirmation screen. After successfully adding the Project item, you are taken to the project’s Task List.